• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackfriars to Paddington, fastest route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie365

Hello, I'm shortly going to need to go Blackfriars to Paddington during morning rush hour, and I don't have much time for my connection so need the fastest route possible!

If there's a district line train at BF but no circle one for a while, I'm going to get that and change to the Bakerloo at Embankment.

If there is a circle line train, is it still quicker to do that, or does the time spent changing negate the time saved by not having to go around through Notting Hill?

thank you :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
Blackfriars-Paddington (H&C) Inner Rail 28min
Blackfriars-Paddington (circle) Outer Rail 28min
are equidistant regards timings.

Blackfriars-Embankment (circle) 4min
Embankment-Paddington (Bakerloo) 13min.

Last edited:

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Depends which side of the river you're on. If you're on the south side it's probably quickest Blackfriars-Farringdon-Paddington.

Don't take the Circle all the way round.

cookie365

Ah, good points both. Yes, I'm getting a Thameslink from the south coast, and it does stop at Elephant and Castle.

That might be the winning bid. And I might even get a seat too :)

Edit: ah, just looked at the transfer from the NR to the Bakerloo stations, I might give E&C a miss and stay on the Thameslink to Farringdon

Last edited:

NSE

Established Member
The interchange isn't as bad at the Elephant and Castle as it might look. It's
Pretty quick, through the shopping centre and down. It's not the nicest area mind, but it could be done in around five to eight minutes train to train. Rush hour i couldn't promise that though of course:P

Via Bank

Getting from Elephant NR to Elephant tube isn't bad at all—few flights of stairs, walk through an (admittedly grotty, but valiantly lively) shopping centre, down a ramp, into the station.

The trouble will be getting to the Bakerloo line, which is deep, and is a very circuitous route from the lifts/stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.