• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackpool TPE T&C’s/ Shift Patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon H

Hi, I’m at the assessments stage and if I pass I will be a trainee at Blackpool.

The position stated TPExpress terms and conditions could anyone explain fully what the differences are and if possible an example of the shift pattern worked.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rhys37429

Sundays part of the working week. if you ask for it off, you have to find cover, if no cover you have to work it.

routes signed:
blackpool - preston.
preston - airport (via wigan & chorley)
preston - barrow.

traction:
class 153, 156, 158, 185.

think the earliest start is 3am ish.

Jon H

Hi Rhys37429,

Thanks that has helped a lot does it run on like a 3 week rots basis so you can pretty much plan ahead for the upcoming months?

Thanks

Jon

driver9000

Established Member
Assuming this is a Drivers vacancy. With Sunday as part of the week it's a normal working day, if you want the day off you either swap with a colleague or take daily leave. Unless things have changed the rest day pattern is fixed for 12 months each December but the rest day pattern doesn't roll in a 3 week cycle like "old" Northern links.

Jon H

Assuming this is a Drivers vacancy. With Sunday as part of the week it's a normal working day, if you want the day off you either swap with a colleague or take daily leave. Unless things have changed the rest day pattern is fixed for 12 months each December but the rest day pattern doesn't roll in a 3 week cycle like "old" Northern links.

Hi driver9000,
Thanks for your reply. I don’t mind working weekends so mich used to it now but good to see you can swap and take leave etc.

Thanks
Jon

Tractor2018

routes signed:
blackpool - preston.
preston - airport (via wigan & chorley)
preston - barrow.

I'm sure they sign Windermere too?

does it run on like a 3 week rots basis so you can pretty much plan ahead for the upcoming months?

From memory, at the minute it's a 29 line roster - so you'd potentially know approximately 7 months of work in front of you.

Edit: earliest book on 0248; latest book off 0153.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.