• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blanes to barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoony

Roker Park, Sunderland. Next to the Stadium of Lig
Hi, currently Me and my girlfriend are in spain on holiday and thinking about a trip to barcelona. Does any one know how often the trains are and much it costs. Struggling to get to a computer to check myself so am just posting from my phone. If any one can check that would be appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Trains appear to be every 30 minutes (ish) at Blanes, 03-07 and 32-36 past the hour. Hour and twenty ish to the centre.

renfespotter

If you get time the Railway Museum at Vilanova I la Geltru is worth a visit its next to the station. When I went in 2008 it was open every day except Mondays. Trains are regular from Barcelona Sants and serve the resort of Sitges and then onward to Vilanova where many of the services terminate.
The route passes the back of Can Tunis Depot although its hard to spot anything among the carriages.

In Barclona a trip by funicular and cable car to the top of Montjuic is worth the trip for the spectacular views of the port and its cruise liners. Go the castle battlements for the best views.

The weekend 'Blue Tram' and funicular to Tibidabo is also a good trip.

Barcelona Sants is very much like Birmingham New Street but there is a wealth of movements including the Euromed and a number of loco hauled sevices.

Have a good trip.

Tony

spoony

Roker Park, Sunderland. Next to the Stadium of Lig
Thanks for the replies people. As it turns out it was a lot cheaper than I expected. It was 9.40 euros each for myself and the girlfirend for a return from Blanes to Barcelona Sants. I for some reason was expecting at least twice as much for a journey thatt was over an hour and a half. (Just shows how conditioned we have become to high dares in this country). Journey was intresting as the line runs right by the beaches for about an hour. Including the nudist beaches which was an eye opener:lol:

Also intresting to note that when I purchased the ticket the machine was in Catalonian rather than Spanish. The ticket was also to a zone rather than a station which meant we caught the train back from Barcelona Catalunya rather than having to walk back to Sants. Catalunya is an odd station mind, reminded me of my local station (Sunderland) with a metro station sort of enclosing it.

As a side note, Barcelona is a fantastic city. We both hope to re visit next year when were on honeymoon

Status
Not open for further replies.