• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bloggers wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

district

http://checkbeforeyoutravel.co.uk/ are looking for bloggers to contribute articles to the new website.

Check Before you Travel blog contributor brief
A contributor:

• Should be knowledgeable in an aspect of the railway
  • Should be able to blog and write about their topic in an interesting and entertaining way
  • Should be able to use WordPress, and able to write with correct English and proper grammar

The aim of the blog is to have regular updates from a wide range of different bloggers. The blog updates are in categories:

• Site updates
    Written by Robert, just gives basic insight into the site/announcements/link plugging ect
  • Fares & Ticketing
  • Network Rail/Engineering
    Also interested in track/permanent way.
  • Revenue Protection
    News on revenue protection in the media, court cases ect.
  • Rolling Stock
  • Special Offers
    Example: London Midland Great Escape
  • Stations
  • Train Operating Companies
    Including franchise news

We would ask for bloggers to post perhaps once or twice a week. You will be provided with a login account as well as a @checkbefore.co.uk email address.
We will add your twitter account/website URL to the links on the blog.

Unlike train rage, we want to provide news and reviews instead of rants. If you are interested in becoming a blogger then throw me a PM :)

I'm really looking forward to CheckBefore and hope there are some talented authors amongst the community ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluenoxid

Established Member
I understand you want to start a site but what is your USP because there is already Rail News, Rail Staff, News Now, quite a few forums and online magazines.

You really need to flesh out because you look like an upstart trying to sprint before you can crawl. Run a few weeks on your own then come back. It is a lot of commitment to keep a site like this live and up to date (believe me, I do it)

By the way, the bottom of the page colours look revolting, please can you change them?

Ivo

Established Member
Anyone else seen the link to some site called "Rail UK Forums"? What could that be? :lol::D:lol::p:lol::D:lol:

Actually, if everyone else is starting to set up on their own again, I might have to give it another go. See if we get any further than mind-mapping this time!

4SRKT

Established Member
I'm going to drop mine on the Forum at the end of the year, so there'll only be two more installments most likely. I may give a proper blog a go though, posting about lots of stuff other than railways a la my Facebook page (although I do put some railway stuff up there).

scotsman

Established Member
Casual plug for @checkbefore, set up by district as a part of the site

Status
Not open for further replies.