• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bluebell Railway vantage poimts

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainmania100

Established Member
Good evening
This is a trip planning request not only for myself but may be of interest to others at other points in time.

Foreword: please move this thread should the moderation team feel it is in the wrong forum board.

I am going to see the flying Scotsman at the bluebell railway. I am interested to know of any good spots along the line to get pictures and videos of the engine in action.
As BBR have understandably jacked up their prices to £10 per station per platform ticket, i will be making a pass on my usual occurrence of platform photting. Its also a likely safety hazard as it's been advertised widely in the local papers. Fear not, for i will remain legal and safe at times.

I am already aware of the existence of the foot crossing at West hoathly. Near the tunnel. I feel this would be a great place to see it. Does anyone here have any good spots? I will also see it at east grimstead making the runaround (subject to status) and west hoathly crossing as well as perhaps the embankment alongside horstedkeynes

There are many bridges alongt the line too so does anyone care to share their favourites?

Thank you in advance :)
My last shot at Eastleigh was awful i had some woman's umbrella in the way it is so dangerous the number of people so I'm taking my chances AWAY from the platforms this time.
Should my shots go pacer shaped, i will go back on the Monday for a retrial capturing that handsome beast...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.