• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BMI / weight help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadgage

There is a large risk of unnoticed sleep deprivation with sleep apnoea, even if you think you have slept for a reasonable length of time.

Yes, significant but unknown sleep deprivation could reduce ones concentration which is clearly a serious matter for train driving.

I was not aware of any connection between a high BMI and sleep apnoea though.
An unduly high BMI is undesireable lest it affects ones ability to easily fit into the cab, or indicates general health concerns.
AFAIK the BMI requirements for a new driver are stricter than for an existing employee.
30? years I applied to be a train driver and failed the medical due to overweight.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rondog

Hi all,

Had medical today, all went well and passed. Just waiting for drugs test to come back. Thanks for all your advice!

Amy

david_VI

What about height, someone said max is 6'4. I'm 6'4, so i'm okay as i'm AT not over the max? What if you're a tiny bit over 6'4 would they really end the whole process after letting a really tall guy go through it all? :p

Geargrinder

There is a thread about this subject a couple of pages back. I don't know whether being just over would mean you fail the medical or not. I don't know for sure but my understanding of the previous discussions is that you might need to be risk assessed on whatever traction you were to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.