• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bognor Regis to Clapham via Guildford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railguy

Hi there folks, a friend of mine has a weekly ticket from Bognor Regis to Clapham Junction, route is Not Via London, would he be able to travel to Guildford with it?

I apologize for not looking it up myself, but I don't have a PDF reader on my phone...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cjohnson

Appropriate routeing points are Ford Group and Clapham Jct; that gives mapped routes:
  • LB
  • LB+SC
  • SC
  • SC+WV
  • LP
  • SC+LB
None of which have Guildford on them.

andykn

Appropriate routeing points are Ford Group and Clapham Jct; that gives mapped routes:
  • LB
  • LB+SC
  • SC
  • SC+WV
  • LP
  • SC+LB
None of which have Guildford on them.

As the fare from Havant to CLJ is the same as Bognor to CLJ (15.90 off peak single) could Havant not be considered an appropriate routeing point too?

cjohnson

As the fare from Havant to CLJ is the same as Bognor to CLJ (15.90 off peak single) could Havant not be considered an appropriate routeing point too?

I don't think so... the fare you quoted is a Super Off Peak fare, and the fares check needs to be done using anytime or off-peak singles.

johnnycache

I'd like one of the experts to confirm this but i think a Bognor to Wimbledon ticket would be valid via Gatwick Airport/Clapham Junction or Barnham/Havant/Guildford

OwlMan

Established Member
I'd like one of the experts to confirm this but i think a Bognor to Wimbledon ticket would be valid via Gatwick Airport/Clapham Junction or Barnham/Havant/Guildford

Yes it gives the following routes (missing out minor variations in Suburban London))

Bognor - Havant -Guildford - Surbiton - Wmbledon
Bognor - Ford - Brighton _ Croydon - Clapham Junc - Wimbledon
Bognor - Ford - Horsham -Epsom -Wimbledon.

You can only go via Clapham Junction if you travel via Brighton
(or instead of going direct from Epsom - Wimbledon you can go via Sutton, Mitcham Junction, Balham and Clapham Junction and other circuitous routes from Sutton via Croydon etc)

Peter

Last edited:

johnnycache

Strange that Bognor-Horsham-Gatwick-Clapham Junction-Wimbledon seems to be missing but i'm sure wouldn't give any problems in practice

Status
Not open for further replies.