• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bolton Trinity Street Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie babs

I am trying to find photos of the inside of the station, ticket office , platforms etc for the station in the 1960`s.
I can remember the Port cochere at the front before it was removed but I can`t find anything about the ticket office and view before you went to the platforms.
Hope someone can help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

newbie babs

There really good, thank you, especially seeing the iron bridge that seemed to go on for ages when I was running along it when very little. Probably when I became interested in trains seeing the whole of Bolton station on that bridge.
What I can`t find though are pictures in the 1960`s.

Bevan Price

Established Member
Not on line, but lots of photos from 1960s & earlier in a book.

"Scenes from the past: volume 10, Railways in and around Bolton", by Bill Simpson. Foxline Publishing.

newbie babs

Thanks for all the help.

The book "Scenes from the past: volume 10, Railways in and around Bolton", by Bill Simpson. Foxline Publishing does anyone have an ISBN number I can`t find it to buy.

Welshman

Established Member
Not the book mentioned by Bevan Price above, but similar:-

"More Recollections of a Bolton Engineman" [Scenes from the Past: 38], by Jim Markland, has some photos of Trinity Street and environs.

Published by Foxline. ISBN 1-870119-63-0.
I bought my copy from the Ian Allan Bookshop at Manchester Piccadilly.

Last edited:

Bevan Price

Established Member
Thanks for all the help.

The book "Scenes from the past: volume 10, Railways in and around Bolton", by Bill Simpson. Foxline Publishing does anyone have an ISBN number I can`t find it to buy.

ISBN 1-870119-11-8

May possibly be out of print, but second hand copies sometimes seen at model railway shows, heritage railway shops, etc. Another publisher is slowly reissuing some of the older Foxline titles.

Amazon are offering 2nd hand copies at £7 + postage (Scroll down page if necessary)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Railways-Bi...3,p_lbr_books_authors_browse-bin:Bill Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.