• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Boness For BVE 4 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnorail

Don Clarke Has Released The Boness Branch For BVE 4 and There is also imporved Route Files For His Fabulous And Existing Edinburgh - Aberdeen Routes. Get over there now. Another Good Route for BVE 4. Once Again Don Great Work.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Nice 25mph cruise ;) Remember to stop at the flagman who will then give you instructions and information on the situation. Also make sure you stop once the coupler sound plays - don't want to go through the coach wall ;)

Coxster

Established Member
dennis63uk said:
wish there was more where you can reverse train like that.
Problem is you have to re-code the whole thing all over again. Some objects will also need to be totally re-written so it'd be in effect making a whole new route, plus the pressue of ensuring you get everything in the EXACT same place.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
The problem with reversing is that it doubles the length of the route, so whilst it's fine for short routes, for longer routes it's very time consuming, and can cause performance issues, made worse by the fact that objects must be designed so they can be viewed from both directions if they can't be rotated, which increases the number of faces and verticies. The principle behind making routes like this is quite simple though.

Boxcars

:glasses7: Just got back from hols in St Ives, Cornwall (2 weeks without BVE … but a great holiday all the same!). First thing I checked when I got back was whether the St Ives to St Erth branch had been released so I could feel I was back there again! It’s still in the making so it’s still one to look forward to. Then I noticed that Don Clarke had released the Bo’ness Branch for BVE4. I always loved that one in BVE2 but the new one is much better, as is the new 47. A slow run, granted, but it really feels like the 47 is pulling hard on those slippery rails. I get good fps too. So a big thanks yet again to Don for this.

BTW Damon. Good to see that you’re coding your Epsom Down to Mitcham/London Blackfriars route for BVE2 as well as BVE4.

Status
Not open for further replies.