• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Booking Caledonian Sleeper using FIP pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobble

Hello . . . new to the forum and needing some help!

I'm trying to book a twin cabin on the Caledonian Sleeper from London to Edinburgh at the end of April using FIP passes.

Can anyone advise what discounts, if any, are applicable? And also, who should I contact to make the booking?

I've tried calling ScotRail and the ATOC Travel Agents and, surprisingly, nobody seems to know what I'm talking about!

Any help would be appreciated . . .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Welcome to the forum.

I believe there are two ways to do this:-

1) If using a FIP Free International Coupon then you need a supplement payable at the public rate to cover the berth charge.

Or

2) Buy a discounted "berth inclusive" ticket with your FIP discount card.

Depending on your employing network option 2 may be cheaper than 1??

bobble

Welcome to the forum.

I believe there are two ways to do this:-

1) If using a FIP Free International Coupon then you need a supplement payable at the public rate to cover the berth charge.

Or

2) Buy a discounted "berth inclusive" ticket with your FIP discount card.

Depending on your employing network option 2 may be cheaper than 1??

I'm using a Free International Coupon, so I guess its the berth supplement I'm looking for.

Any ideas on where I should go to book this? It's finding the right place to contact that I'm having particular difficulty with.

Thanks again!

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
What is your general location? Who do you work for? (so I can work out what discount you will get). FIP cards give either 50% or 75% discount if you get 75% discount then the berth inclusive fare is £24.90 advance & £35.40 standard which will be cheaper than the public rate berth supplement of about £40. If you only get 50% discount then the public berth charge is best for you.

Your admin office may be able to help booking or Scotrail Telesales? You can also book in person at most mainline stations in the UK.

Last edited:

FGWman

Its not surprising they dont know what you are talking about there is no such thing as a FIP pass.

Assuming you work for an overseas railway company you may be entitled to a coupon which gives free travel in the UK and you will just have to pay for the berth.

If you dont get a coupon then you will have a FIP card which entitles you to book tickets at staff rates (Called Priv in this country) If you ring up scotrail and ask for staff rate then they should be able to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.