• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Booking Problem - Glasgow to Salisbury with cycle reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicbeans

I made the mistake of trying to book an advance ticket from Glasgow to Salisbury via London (with an extended connection time) over the phone with virgin trains. The national rail site gives a 14:40 Glasgow Central to Euston service and then with an extra 30 minutes interchange the 22:20 Waterloo to Salisbury service. I tried asking for this but after receiving the confirmation whilst on the phone I noticed it had the 20:20 Waterloo departure instead, I tried querying this straight away but was told that nothing could be done.

After getting annoyed with the phone hold times (after being advised to phone by the twitter team) I tried the online chat but was told that journey wasn't possible, they then relented and said if I booked it on the virgin site they would issue a refund, but when you click through from national rail it then picks up the 20:20 Waterloo service. Other than trying to phone again tomorrow or skipping on meeting my friend in london is there anything I can do?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

magicbeans

The Salisbury train doesn't have seat reservations but if the ticket is the same as ones I've had from virgin trains before it will have the train time listed on the ticket (Haven't yet collected the tickets) so I don't think it allows me to jump onto any train that evening

telstarbox

Established Member
Is that with a Railcard? If so then the ticket is "Virgin West Coast and Connections", so you should be able to use either of the SWR service to Salisbury.

wibble

Is that with a Railcard? If so then the ticket is "Virgin West Coast and Connections", so you should be able to use either of the SWR service to Salisbury.

They're travelling on an Advance ticket and will have a reservation for the 20:20 from Waterloo so they'll need to travel on it. The "and Connections" bit doesn't always mean the non-Virgin West Coast service is flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.