• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Boot Camp Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Yep

Runs fine on iMac 2.4GHz - bit dodgy and I keep managing to bluescreen the game but other than that it is fine.

Wayfarer Sam

Interesting, I suppose that was the answer I was hoping to hear. Now i just need to work out why I am getting this bloody "Send error report" thing when I try to launch it. Any ideas?

T

Tom

Well I can normally play the game for about 20 minutes before bluescreening - MSTS never blue screens ...

And before anyone says it - a Mac when running Windows is essentially a PC, just better ;)

devon_metro

Established Member
Interesting, I suppose that was the answer I was hoping to hear. Now i just need to work out why I am getting this bloody "Send error report" thing when I try to launch it. Any ideas?

I think that happens when the graphics card/driver is not up to scratch.

Daniel

Established Member
Do you have a MacBook or an iMac?

I have a MacBook and it doesn't work.

haloatco

Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro Core Duo with Bootcamp and Windows XP on a partition and it runs without any problems at all, so it must be possible. Not had the blue screen of death yet (touch wood).

Kind Regards
Mark
www.halophoto.co.uk

Daniel

Established Member
Yup, thats because the MacBook Pro's have a decent graphics card... (Nvidia)... my MacBook only has an Intel Chipset.

T

Tom

Intel GMA 950 to be precise.

I got KRS running fine on my MacBook C2D 2.0GHz - however I uninstalled it as I think it's cr*p at the moment and is a waste of space until the dev tools come out.

train_lover

i have not got it working yet i own an imac 24" with the new leopard system. MSTS work brill but rail sim just wont work keep coming up with error every time i try to load the game :@:@ can someone help me?

T

Tom

What error is coming up - and which 24" model is it?

EDIT: Those with an Aluminium iMac with the AMD 2600 Pro should be careful as there are freezing issues following the 1.1 driver update.

T

Tom

I would suggest posting on the RS forum and that if they moan about using a Mac - just point out that it's running entirely natively and it's essentially just a PC that happens to have Mac OS X on there additionally. ;)

T

Tom

Turn that frown upside down ;) PCs are better. This being another example why :):lol:

I do like how you say Linux is better than Windows - when it's UNIX based, which Leopard happens to be fully certified with!

Status
Not open for further replies.