• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Boris Bus bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair G.

Heading to London in the new year and ive been plenty of places for the borismasters in the past (Euston Road, Trafalguar Square, Marble Arch) was wondering if anyone had some other good spots around London, particularly in the east!. i like to take photos and video as well, so any pointers that can help point towards that would be fantastic!.

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Hackney Station for the frequent 55 and the very frequent (until January anyway) 38, possibly other routes too.

Alistair G.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!, always nice to try somewhere new!

Busaholic... isn't there multiple stations in hackney?? (I'm thinking hackney wick and hackney downs??... I might be wrong though!). But which station is the best for spotting the buses?

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys!, always nice to try somewhere new!

Busaholic... isn't there multiple stations in hackney?? (I'm thinking hackney wick and hackney downs??... I might be wrong though!). But which station is the best for spotting the buses?
I won't tell you how long since I've been in the area, so I'm just going on a little knowledge and a slice of intuition, which can be a dangerous thing:smile: but I'd think Hackney Central (which is close by Hackney Downs) near the entrance to Clapton Bus Garage would be a good spot. Perhaps someone with more up-to-date local knowledge could confirm or deny.

Wirewiper

Hackney Central would also bag you the 253 and 254, as well as the 38 and 55 - and the 48 as well.

Euston Station you haven't mentioned; you would get the 10, 59, 68, 73, 91, 168, 253 and 390 there.

Aldwych would get you the 9, 11, 15, 59, 68, 91 and 168.

If you go to Cricklewood or Kilburn, as well as the 16 and 189 you might be lucky and bag a "strange visitor" on the 32 - AFAIK it is the only route not officially allocated LTs where one or two do nevertheless appear most days.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Hackney Central would also bag you the 253 and 254, as well as the 38 and 55 - and the 48 as well.

Euston Station you haven't mentioned; you would get the 10, 59, 68, 73, 91, 168, 253 and 390 there.

If you go to Cricklewood or Kilburn, as well as the 16 and 189 you might be lucky and bag a "strange visitor" on the 32 - AFAIK it is the only route not officially allocated LTs where one or two do nevertheless appear most days.
You might see the lone shorter LT on the 91 too.
From the reports I read on LOTS the 32 does seem to be the only route regularly receiving a rogue LT.

Alistair G.

Thanks Wirewiper, ive never tried Aldwych before. I believe temple is the nearest station for this now right?.

I did mention the Euston Road, and when i mentioned that i was also considering the Euston bus station. the only thing i dont like about that place is buses seem to go every which way and there's no one spot that guarantees you 100% success rate of spotting.

Definitely trying Aldwych next time though, thank you !!!

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Thanks Wirewiper, ive never tried Aldwych before. I believe temple is the nearest station for this now right?.

I did mention the Euston Road, and when i mentioned that i was also considering the Euston bus station. the only thing i dont like about that place is buses seem to go every which way and there's no one spot that guarantees you 100% success rate of spotting.

Definitely trying Aldwych next time though, thank you !!!
If you're trying Aldwych, you'll need to position yourself at or near the junction with Waterloo Bridge to get all those bus routes in both directions.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
You might see the lone shorter LT on the 91 too.
From the reports I read on LOTS the 32 does seem to be the only route regularly receiving a rogue LT.

Seem to be 7 LTs on the 267 today according to London Vehicle Finder

Wirewiper

Seem to be 7 LTs on the 267 today according to London Vehicle Finder

These are not "Strange visitors", the route is being converted to the type. It is the last of the suburban routes that is gaining LTs, to use up the surplus vehicles that were speculatively over-ordered during Boris Johnson's tenure as mayor of London.

DanTrain

Nothing to do with the topic, but I love the title of the thread, just makes me think of someone with a large implement bashing the foreign secretary :lol:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Nothing to do with the topic, but I love the title of the thread, just makes me think of someone with a large implement bashing the foreign secretary :lol:
Must admit it drew me to the thread in the first place, drooling with anticipation.

xotGD

Established Member
Must admit it drew me to the thread in the first place, drooling with anticipation.
I thought it was going to be about someone trying to clear the entire London bike fleet.

Presumably there are people who scratch Boris bikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.