• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bournemouth to Fratton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

Morning all. I know it would probably be easier for me to call National Rail but I thought I'd prefer the reliable advice of the knowledgeable people here.

I live near Fratton station and work in Bournemouth. My daily commute involves getting a return ticket to Swanwick where a colleague picks me up and drives me in the rest of the way. Today he's dropped me off in the office and gone home sick (already).

I obviously now have the return portion of my ticket which will get me from Swanwick to Fratton. If I were to purchase a ticket from Bournemouth to Swanwick, would my connecting train from Southampton to Fratton need to stop at Swanwick for it to be valid?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dgl

Established Member
If it is not a season ticket then the train would need to stop at swanwick, I would look at getting an excess from Bournemouth to Swanwick instead as I believe the train would then not need to stop.

Of course if it is a season then the train does not need to stop.

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Buy a ticket to Fareham rather than Swanwick - it's the same price and all trains stop at Fareham so you'll then have no problem (you'll just be starting short on your Swanwick to Fratton return portion, which is perfectly fine).

But as dgl suggests, it's a couple of pounds cheaper (assuming you've bought an Anytime Day Return) to explain the situation at the ticket office in Bournemouth and get your ticket excessed into a Fratton to Bournemouth Anytime Day Return.

Harlequin

I did thanks, took the sound advice of getting the ticket excessed at the ticket office. Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.