• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BR Civil Engineers Cabside Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfletcher72

Hello all,

Does anyone recall the yellow departmental 'flash' logo/decal that adorned the cabsides of loco's allocated to DCxx pools in the early 1990's?

I am looking for a decent, close up and preferably high-res colour photo of one. I did locate one on t'net of such a logo on a Class 33, but cannot for the life of me find it again.

Also, can anyone remember whether loco's with yellow cabsides (red stipe Railfreight for example) that had these decals applied had black versions as opposed to yellow?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered,

Kindest Regards,

Richard

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jones

med_gallery_6731_93_323445.jpg

this one?

33002-elh-24may2009-1019-nb.jpg

or this one?

Last edited:

Electrostar

I remember it. I think it was in the 80s before departmental grey and civil engineering "Dutch" yellow and grey. I remember photos of blue 33s with them under the cab window. A small yellow parrallelogram.

The whole departmental thing was a mystery to me: spotters' books with the class 97s. Did they belong to the same business within BR or different regions. Some locos gained the 97 classification, others didn't. Some were painted red and blue, others yellow, and various unique liveries. Then you had the 33s described above with their flashes, followed by whole fleets of classes in grey or grey/yellow. Yet even when these departmental / civil engineering sectors were introduced some locos remained in the 97 range.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've just found this website with a photo of 33117 sporting rye cab side flash.

http://www.railalbum.co.uk/diesel-electric-locomotives/br-class-33-1.htm

rfletcher72

I remember it. I think it was in the 80s before departmental grey and civil engineering "Dutch" yellow and grey. I remember photos of blue 33s with them under the cab window. A small yellow parrallelogram.

I've just found this website with a photo of 33117 sporting rye cab side flash.

Thanks guys for the replies. The logo I am on about is indeed the one worn by 33117 in the link above,

Cheers,

Richard

Last edited:

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
20034 and 20042 definitely had them and I have recollection (possibly wrongly) that at least one 50 had them. I'm sure I have an old magazine article on them, I'll have a look for it later.

EDIT: 50010 had them when in Large Logo Blue livery (a google/flickr search might prove fruitful for a picture).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.