• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BR Class 306.017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

colchesterken

Robert - it will make you sad last time I went there it was stored in the open, roof going rusty one door open to let the rain in it is a shame this unique unit is being allowed to rot
it is the only first generation ac unit in preservation.LTS kept 302.217 in original condition un-refbd for a while I remember a trip to the holy land (southend) in about 1985 it was refreshed with orig seats and re polished wood panels and painted green
It went out to play on a special day on the GE with 306-017 they did runs to Shenfield I have a photo of them together - in the loft lost at present

Can we get a protest going to stop the NRM letting it rot away could bombardier take it on after they have finished Gordon

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Yes it's shameful that the NRM have allowed this to happen although, I am pleased that it wasn't scrapped whilst at Kineton.

Anyone know when and where 017 is moving/going after its stay at the EARM? I will plan a trip in the next few weeks to go and see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.