BR MR signal box, inside Unipart Rail, Crewe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinson102

Hey All.

When I used to go to Crewe regularly, I passed down Gresty Road almost every day. One thing that kept catching my attention, was that there appears to be a BR Midland Region style signal box inside the Unipart Rail works on Gresty Road.

Wondering if anyone knows where this came from? Or if it was purpose built on the site?

I have attached a photo of the box, taken from a distance.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN1244.jpg
    DSCN1244.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 125
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Blue Aspect

The Signalbox was part of the old BR S&T Training School, and was used by S&T staff from the London Midland Region for fault finding, and installation courses. I went there several times during the 1980's. I think it may have been called Morris Junction??

John Webb

Established Member
Hey All.

When I used to go to Crewe regularly, I passed down Gresty Road almost every day. One thing that kept catching my attention, was that there appears to be a BR Midland Region style signal box inside the Unipart Rail works on Gresty Road.

Wondering if anyone knows where this came from? Or if it was purpose built on the site?

I have attached a photo of the box, taken from a distance.

Thanks
There is the following discussion available in another Forum, which may answer your questions: http://forum.signalbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1640

Status
Not open for further replies.