• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BR Uniform Jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffer68

15E44F1E-6AA8-4B9F-898A-F2375557A0E0.jpeg Hi all,
I’m after some help please. Yesterday I bought a rather nice BR jacket - can one of you knowledgable folk tell me how old it is and also who on the railways would have worn such a jacket. Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

big all

On Moderation
possibly late 80- 90s gold button driver
still have one in my wardrobe that wont fit me any more :D

big all

On Moderation
Think it's a bit earlier than that; more like 1970s to mid 1980s.
yes seldom wore mine just the zip up jacket or big overcoat
couldnt remember if it came with or before the blousen jacket and shoes collection where you had to save enough points for the bits you needed:D
actaully the blousen came with the striped shirts so the jacket definately predated that as it came with the i think it was light blue shirt and very coarse trouser material

Last edited:

Buffer68

yes seldom wore mine just the zip up jacket or big overcoat
couldnt remember if it came with or before the blousen jacket and shoes collection where you had to save enough points for the bits you needed:D
actaully the blousen came with the striped shirts so the jacket definately predated that as it came with the i think it was light blue shirt and very coarse trouser material
Would you be interested in selling your tie? I am going to a railway themed event this Saturday and it would look great with my jacket. Thanks

big all

On Moderation
sorry been" off the rails" now for nearing 25 years i beleive the young lad 2 doors down [now adult] may have benefited from from my then oversized uniform to his small torso to drive his tractor as a train
i will have a look for any residual bits like a tie but may not happen before friday

Status
Not open for further replies.