• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Break of journey and walking to another station where not necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

The example I'm thinking of is Nottingham to Lincoln. There are direct trains passing through Newark Castle.

Am I allowed to break my journey at Newark Castle then walk to Newark North Gate to resume?

I am not sure if a NOT-LCN ticket would be valid via Grantham - if it is valid, then it would certainly be ok to come up the ECML to NNG.
If it is not valid via Grantham, there would ordinarily be no reason to go via NNG - would the NOT-LCN ticket still be valid to break and walk in this case?

Is it allowed to break at Collingham, then use another method to get to North Gate and resume the journey there? As Castle to Collingham is not exactly the same route as North Gate to Collingham.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
haven’t checked routing but off peak period and day returns both allow break of journey so you’re fine.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
As a general thing it's fine to miss out parts of a journey where BoJ is permitted provided you do the bits you do do in the correct order.

The lack of a Sunday service on part of the route is an example of a reason you might do this, using the bus or a taxi for that part of the route at your own cost.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The example I'm thinking of is Nottingham to Lincoln. There are direct trains passing through Newark Castle.

Am I allowed to break my journey at Newark Castle then walk to Newark North Gate to resume?

I am not sure if a NOT-LCN ticket would be valid via Grantham - if it is valid, then it would certainly be ok to come up the ECML to NNG.
If it is not valid via Grantham, there would ordinarily be no reason to go via NNG - would the NOT-LCN ticket still be valid to break and walk in this case?

Is it allowed to break at Collingham, then use another method to get to North Gate and resume the journey there? As Castle to Collingham is not exactly the same route as North Gate to Collingham.
Yes, it's absolutely fine to break at Castle and walk to North Gate. It's a permitted route on multiple counts and you won't have any problems doing that.

Going via Grantham isn't a permitted route unless you used a direct train that happened to run that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.