• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Break of Journey on Railink Bus Services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Does the forum have any experience of break of journey opportunities whilst using though tickets to Railink destinations. I am specifically implying the "bus/coach" part of the journey.

This is a general point but the two trips I have coming up are as follows.

1) NRT 26K/Perryman's Bus Service 60 Galashiels to Berwick.

2) NRT 65G/Stagecoach Bus Service X4/X5 Penrith to Workington.

Thanks in advance for any insight or information.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I've ended and started short on rail link bus services (namely "Luton Airbus MK"), but you should check the Conditions of Carriage for the operator concerned for details of break of journey if you want something more concrete.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Thanks. I've emailed the operators concerned and will post any replies back here. Rail Links can be a bit of a fuddle at times.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I think it would be more relivant if it was a service that was reservable even on the bus or coach leg. The stagy X4X5 Trans-Cumbria and the Gala to Berwick 60 are regular Stage Caradge services all be it that the former is an express limmited stop worked by coaches. On both services you get everything from Twirly Pass holders to tourists via everyfrom workers, walkers and schoolchildren.

I guess it depends how the ticket prints out, I would assume with a general indication that it is valid to destination X on bus service Y by opperater Z.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A word of caution with the X4 and X5 though - these services start att Penrith Bus Station, serving the Rail station on the way to the A66. I've observed quite a few people going into Penrith Centre from the train thinking they'll just grab a sarny and get the next 1 an hour later, only to be informed by the driver they cant double back with there rail ticket. I doubt the Op would do this but for anyone less aquainted with Penrith it applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.