• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Break of journey - restriction SK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurg

I'm looking at a ticket where the only restriction is code SK. The 'validity' section on BRFares states that break of journey on the outward portion of the ticket is prohibited by the fare's restrictions, however I note that SK applies only Monday to Friday. Am I right in the understanding that BoJ is unequivocally permitted at weekends? Seems pretty obvious to me but I just wanted to check on here before I get a "well, actually..." from some overzealous RPI or barrier staff on the day.

If it helps, the type of ticket is an off-peak return (svr).

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrJeeves

Established Member
I'm looking at a ticket where the only restriction is code SK. The 'validity' section on BRFares states that break of journey on the outward portion of the ticket is prohibited by the fare's restrictions, however I note that SK applies only Monday to Friday. Am I right in the understanding that BoJ is unequivocally permitted at weekends? Seems pretty obvious to me but I just wanted to check on here before I get a "well, actually..." from some overzealous RPI or barrier staff on the day.

If it helps, the type of ticket is an off-peak return (svr).
Yeah, as it stands the break of journey restriction would only apply Mon - Fri.

Return journeys have no BoJ restriction on any day.

Applicable Days​

Monday to Friday
Mondays-Fridays

Outward Travel​

Not valid on trains timed to arrive at London Euston after 04:29 and before 10:00.
Not valid on any other journeys timed to depart after 04:29 and before 08:45.
Break of journey is not permitted on the outward portion except to change trains at an intermediate station or to access station facilities.

Return Travel​

Return travel from London Euston is not valid before 08:45.
Return travel not valid on trains timed to arrive at London Euston after 04:29 and before 10:00.
Normal break of journey rules apply to the return portion.

Jurg

Yeah, as it stands the break of journey restriction would only apply Mon - Fri.

Return journeys have no BoJ restriction on any day.

Applicable Days​

Monday to Friday
Mondays-Fridays

Outward Travel​

Not valid on trains timed to arrive at London Euston after 04:29 and before 10:00.
Not valid on any other journeys timed to depart after 04:29 and before 08:45.
Break of journey is not permitted on the outward portion except to change trains at an intermediate station or to access station facilities.

Return Travel​

Return travel from London Euston is not valid before 08:45.
Return travel not valid on trains timed to arrive at London Euston after 04:29 and before 10:00.
Normal break of journey rules apply to the return portion.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.