Breaking my journey in Leeds

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Suz, 15 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suz

Suz New Member

Hi

I'm looking for a bit of advice if possible. I will be travelling Huddersfield to Doncaster, changing trains in Leeds. I would like to leave Leeds station and visit the City for a while.

It is cheaper to get a Hudd - Donc ticket rather than Hudd - Leeds and Leeds - Donc tickets.

Does anyone know if the barriers will let me through at Leeds and if my ticket will be returned for the final leg of my journey?

Thanks

Suz

2. asharpe

asharpe Member

That would be fine. I expect the gates would let you out, but if not one of the staff will.

3. les.

les. Member

Others will know better than me, but I'm pretty sure that you'd have to get Hudd-Leeds/Leeds-Donc tickets for you to be able to get out of Leeds station.

I doubt that a Hudd-Donc ticket would allow you out of the station.

Last edited: 15 Apr 2015
  4. Romilly

Romilly Established Member

If you are using an Anytime Day Return, there are no restrictions on breaking your journey at intermediate stations en route. If you are using an Offpeak Return (which is valid for return within the month beginning with the date for outward travel), there is no restriction on breaking your journey unless the specific restriction code for the ticket says otherwise. For an offpeak return from Huddersfield to Doncaster, the restriction code is 3V, and this does not prevent breaks of journey.

5. Suz

Suz New Member

Thanks - I will be getting an anytime single that I plan to pick up at Huddersfield station just before my journey.

6. les.

les. Member

That's handy to know. I was always under the impression that if you had a ticket from A to B that it was just that and you were not allowed to break your journey at a station inbetween.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.