• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

brfares.com restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ys123

I was looking on brfares.com at the restrictions for a KGX-NCL super off peak single and these are some of the restrictions:

Not valid on trains timed to
depart:

London Terminals (except as
shown below) after 02:59 and
before 09:06 and after 14:59
and before 18:59 (18:15 on
Fridays)

London St Pancras
International after 04:29 and
before 10:29 and after 15:15
and before 18:59;

Does the London St Pancras International restrictions include from Kings Cross and therefore this ticket is not valid to depart Kings Cross before 10.29?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
I'm assuming you are looking at a ticket with restriction code 9D? It's also here in slightly easier-to-read form: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/9d

If so, then your ticket is valid to leave Kings Cross from 09.06. London St Pancras is a separate station. Note the evening restrictions of course.

However, are you also thinking you will buy a Super Off-Peak Single for £68.70 (ticket codes SSU or SSH)? If so, you are sadly mistaken - the Super Off-Peak Single is the SSS for £136.40. The other two fares can only be sold as part of a return journey (i.e. in conjunction with another single), and also online only.

ys123

I'm assuming you are looking at a ticket with restriction code 9D? It's also here in slightly easier-to-read form: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/9d

If so, then your ticket is valid to leave Kings Cross from 09.06. London St Pancras is a separate station. Note the evening restrictions of course.

However, are you also thinking you will buy a Super Off-Peak Single for £68.70 (ticket codes SSU or SSH)? If so, you are sadly mistaken - the Super Off-Peak Single is the SSS for £136.40. The other two fares can only be sold as part of a return journey (i.e. in conjunction with another single), and also online only.

Thanks. I was asking on behalf of a relative who has already got this ticket.

Also I'm just curious if this ticket is valid to depart from St Pancras between 14.59 and 15.15 or do the London Terminals restrictions also apply?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The St Pancras restrictions are as you quoted:

London St Pancras
International after 04:29 and
before 10:29 and after 15:15
and before 18:59;

Online booking systems use the electronic restrictions, which in this case may be clearer.

alistairlees

Established Member
Thanks. I was asking on behalf of a relative who has already got this ticket.

Also I'm just curious if this ticket is valid to depart from St Pancras between 14.59 and 15.15 or do the London Terminals restrictions also apply?

It's valid to depart St Pancras between 10.29 and 15.15 inclusive (any time on a weekend or public holiday of course).

robbeech

Established Member
The times are generally set accurately to specify a service you can (or cannot) take. In this example you’d be permitted to take the 1029 Nottingham (slow) Service, but of course not the more useful for NCL 1026 Sheffield Service.
Likewise at the other end you could take the 1515 Nottingham (fast) Service.

Of course none of these are as fast as departures from KGX so it depends what you want to achieve.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Online booking systems use the electronic restrictions, which in this case may be clearer.

But are sometimes wrong, e.g. I believe it is not possible to implement "a connection may be used to complete a journey begun at a valid time", meaning that quite a lot of LNR passengers are sold Off Peaks for journeys when Super Off Peaks are unquestionably valid (because a change of train at Birmingham has the restrictions re-applied when it is very clear that this should not happen).

Example: Bletchley to Liverpool Lime St starting on the 1450 (or indeed 1550).

I reported this to LM years ago, they acknowledged in writing that it was wrong (which I carried with me to ensure no problems, and there were none as the guards knew what the restrictions really were) but it was never properly fixed, and it is still the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.