• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brighton Belle progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know how the Brighton Belle restoration is progressing?
I keep tabs on their website brightonbelle.com but there haven’t been any new updates for what seems like a year or so. I know covid will have made a big impact but if anyone has any news I’d be pleased to know.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The best place for updates is 'Pullman & CIWL News', I think there was one quite recently: https://sremg.org.uk/coach/coupe/index.shtml
Many thanks Chris. I can’t believe I haven’t come across that website before; there’s such a wealth of Pullman information there.
It’s also good to see that the 5BEL vehicle at the Little Mill pub in Rowarth has a new owner. It was looking pretty sorry for itself the last time I saw it which was about fifteen years ago.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
it's interesting to see those photos and see the concessions to modernity where appropriate

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
That looks very good!

I was interested in the comment about the clocks ... I don't think that I've ever heard that before, whether relating to the Belle or any other coaching stock!

John Luxton

Established Member
Looks superb!

Would be nice to see it not just on former SR lines but say on Merseyrail running tours and say excursions West Kirby to Southport.

I’d love to think that one day soon there will be double simultaneous departure from Victoria; a steam hauled Golden Arrow Pullman from the South Eastern side and the Brighton Belle from the central side. What a sight that would be!

Forty29

Wow the work done so far is stunning just looked at Brighton belle website. Would love to travel on this whenever that is possible. Didn't realise being done at LSL Crewe. Better start saving up now! Remember when on holiday in Brighton asked my mum and dad to go and see it were disappointed was expecting steam loco on the front!

Status
Not open for further replies.