• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Country Independents

Callum15632

Confirmed by a Big Lemon driver on the 12 today. Does that leave them with just the 20 in Bath ?
Do you know what bus is being operated on the 11 and 12 today as they aren't tracking on bustimes.org?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Callum15632

Minibus on the 12 and a similar kind of vehicle on the 11. No Ticket Reader on either
Why aren't they using the e200 MMC for the 12 and the Streetlite WF for the 11? I know the E200 MMC is on the 20 but couldn't there be an ex BCT (Bristol Community Transport) E200 on the 20?

DaveHarries

Established Member
Why aren't they using the e200 MMC for the 12 and the Streetlite WF for the 11? I know the E200 MMC is on the 20 but couldn't there be an ex BCT (Bristol Community Transport) E200 on the 20?
Does either route attract enough traffic to make an Enviro200 MMC the best choice of vehicle? If not then using an Enviro might not be the best choice of vehicle other than for access for the less mobile.

Dave

Marcus Fryer

The forthcoming timetables page on the Faresaver website (https://faresaver.co.uk/changes.php) makes me think they are intending to interwork the Bath 11 and 12 services, so only one bus is required. The Big Lemon were doing this yesterday (Saturday 25 March), and by early afternoon buses were running about 15 minutes late, although Faresaver will save a couple of minutes or so each direction by not using the bus station.

Last edited:

Marcus Fryer

I was in Thornbury yesterday (27 June) and saw Applegates were using an Optare Versa (D7 EFA) on the 62. Could anyone please supply any details regarding the provenance of this vehicle? Thanks.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I was in Thornbury yesterday (27 June) and saw Applegates were using an Optare Versa (D7 EFA) on the 62. Could anyone please supply any details regarding the provenance of this vehicle? Thanks.
New to Weaveaway at YJ13HHX and then to Border Buses. Quite a long wheelbase example that had a problem navigating through Berkeley when I saw it there the other week

Marcus Fryer

New to Weaveaway at YJ13HHX and then to Border Buses. Quite a long wheelbase example that had a problem navigating through Berkeley when I saw it there the other week
Thanks for the info. Do you know whether Applegates acquired it specifically for the 62, or whether it’s part of the wider school bus fleet?

lukem

Thanks for the info. Do you know whether Applegates acquired it specifically for the 62, or whether it’s part of the wider school bus fleet?
Have been on it, I believe it was acquired for the school runs as it has rather uncomfortable rubber school seats with some in 3+2 config

Marcus Fryer

Transpora are amending their route 25 from 3 September to run City Centre to Fishponds.

The same website shows the 52, 680, 963 and 967 as cancelled.

Note the link takes you to the September 2023 changes, not June 2023.

(I’d have put this in the Transpora discussion but unfortunately that has been closed because of inappropriate posts.)

Last edited:

contrex

Transpora are amending their route 25 from 3 September to run City Centre to Fishponds.

The same website shows the 52, 680, 963 and 967 as cancelled.

Note the link takes you to the September 2023 changes, not June 2023.

(I’d have put this in the Transpora discussion but unfortunately that has been closed because of inappropriate posts.)

Yes, the 25 will go to Fishponds (Straits Parade) and not Horfield Common or Southmead Hospital any more. Also will run hourly on Saturdays and every 30 minutes on weekdays. Very good news for me and my neighbours here in St Werburghs.

Martin2012

My issue with the new 25 route is why it isn't running via Stapleton and Blackberry Hill but will instead run along Fishponds Road and duplicate the 17, 48, 48A and 49 over that section?

volvob12

My issue with the new 25 route is why it isn't running via Stapleton and Blackberry Hill but will instead run along Fishponds Road and duplicate the 17, 48, 48A and 49 over that section?

Because it’s more lucrative to duplicate part of a busy corridor?

Harold Hill

On Moderation
I haven't been able to find the new route. All Transpora seem to say is that the 25 will run from the Centre to Eastgate. Does ít run on from Eastgate up the eastern part of Muller Road and onto Fishponds?

DaveHarries

Established Member
I agree on this: why cover part of the Fishponds Road which already has an adequate supply of buses?

Dave

Citistar

The Stapleton stretch of the 5 was always poorly supported. With the 48A now covering the Blackberry Hill stretch adequately, there is very little meat left on that carcass. I'd wager the link between Fishponds Road and Eastgate will produce some usage. It's also promising that Transpora can see enough potential in the St Pauls section of the route to strengthen it to half hourly on weekdays.

Marcus Fryer

In Thornbury this afternoon I saw an Applegates Scania OmniCity carrying registration H16 EFA running on the 207. Does anyone please have details of the previous registration and history of this bus?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
In Thornbury this afternoon I saw an Applegates Scania OmniCity carrying registration H16 EFA running on the 207. Does anyone please have details of the previous registration and history of this bus?
YN54AHO - was new to Nottingham but was with Mike's Travel for a long time. Thought they'd shipped it out when they got that really long Versa so surprised it's still about!

Marcus Fryer

YN54AHO - was new to Nottingham but was with Mike's Travel for a long time. Thought they'd shipped it out when they got that really long Versa so surprised it's still about!
Thought that was B10 EFA, they must have reregistered it again.
I’ve now checked back through my photos, and although B10 EFA was on the OmniCity in January 2022, by February this year it was on a Volvo B9/Gemini. H16 EFA was on a Caetano Levante before.

Last edited:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Thought that was B10 EFA, they must have reregistered it again.
I’ve now checked back through my photos, and although B10 EFA was on the OmniCity in January 2022, by February this year it was on a Volvo B9/Gemini. H16 EFA was on a Caetano Levante before.
Wonder if they were going to dispose of it but then got the 62?

Citistar

The 62 is made remarkably hard work by the insistence of using a relatively high capacity vehicle on it all day long. Both the Versa and Scania are very big vehicles to be lumping around the route, all for the sake of the afternoon school run with which it interworks.

volvob12

Bath Bus Company have sold A506 (BJ11 XGZ) and A507 (BF62 UXU) to Als Coaches and added A515 (YT09 BJY) to the fleet in the new Airdecker livery. It’s int he same style as the Bristol and Weston Airport Flyers. A512 has also been painted and A514 is down at Hants and Dorset trim for paint too.

volvob12

Bath Bus Company have sold A506 (BJ11 XGZ) and A507 (BF62 UXU) to Als Coaches and added A515 (YT09 BJY) to the fleet in the new Airdecker livery. It’s int he same style as the Bristol and Weston Airport Flyers. A512 has also been painted and A514 is down at Hants and Dorset trim for paint too.

New Enviro400MMC A516/YX23OWJ is now in service, in full Bristol Airport branding for the AirDecker.