• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bristol Temple Meads Redevelopment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Various plans I know of redeveloping Bristol Temple Meads plus resignalling.

Does anyone have any info on the plans for the ticket office and redesign of the main entrances. I heard rumours of plans to create a new link from the main entrance/ticket office to the subway, or open up a disused subway?

I was wondering whether the existing train shed that has platforms 1,2,3,4,5,6 could incorporate an additional island platform, with platforms on the side remodelled?

I also heard that the old train shed would be brought back into use, and the possibility of the platforms being renumbered with A and B ends with the new resignalling. Does that mean the platforms will be as follows:

New platform 1 (in new shed)
New platform 2 (in new shed)
2 becomes platform 3
3 and 4 becomes platform 4a/b
New platform 5a/b (new island in existing shed)
New platform 6a/b (new island in existing shed)
5 and 6 become platform 7a/b
7 and 8 become platform 8a/b
9 and 10 become platform 9a/b
11 becomes platform 10a/b
13 becomes platform 11a/b

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HowardGWR

Established Member
Various plans I know of redeveloping Bristol Temple Meads plus resignalling.

Does anyone have any info on the plans for the ticket office and redesign of the main entrances. I heard rumours of plans to create a new link from the main entrance/ticket office to the subway, or open up a disused subway?

I was wondering whether the existing train shed that has platforms 1,2,3,4,5,6 could incorporate an additional island platform, with platforms on the side remodelled?

I also heard that the old train shed would be brought back into use, and the possibility of the platforms being renumbered with A and B ends with the new resignalling. Does that mean the platforms will be as follows:

New platform 1 (in new shed)
New platform 2 (in new shed)
2 becomes platform 3
3 and 4 becomes platform 4a/b
New platform 5a/b (new island in existing shed)
New platform 6a/b (new island in existing shed)
5 and 6 become platform 7a/b
7 and 8 become platform 8a/b
9 and 10 become platform 9a/b
11 becomes platform 10a/b
13 becomes platform 11a/b

I do recommend that you google with the thread title you chose. There are lots of plans and proposals - the BCC site would be a good one too. Incidentally, the extra island platforms, to which you refer, would reinstate what was the case until the early 1930s. Again, google may bring up photos of the old arrangement, if you search with the dates just given.

Status
Not open for further replies.