• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Most people go to the north end of platforms 5 and 7.

alexdodds

correct me if I am wrong but i think you can see the Clifton suspension bridge from one of the platforms something that will be worth it to include in the video

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Not at Temple Meads you can't! You can just about make it out several kms away from Bedminster station, but it's barely noticeable and getting a picture to include it and a train would be pretty rubbish!

alexdodds

Its not just trains i go for because i am a tourist I video just about anything. But thanks for the advice. I might also pop to Bath Spa if i have time what are staff like at that station.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Well if you want to visit the Clifton Bridge get the train to Clifton Down and it's about 1km walk!

devon_metro

Established Member
I will probably see the manager just to be on the safe side.

Which platforms are the best for video shots using a tripod

No point, you won't get hassled and you will be wasting the managers time. Spotters are always at BTM.

alexdodds

No point, you won't get hassled and you will be wasting the managers time. Spotters are always at BTM.

Well i decided to be on the safe side today as it was my first time there and so i had to sign in and was given a visitors badge and so no problem at all.

Stopped off in Birmingham did the usual process at New Street went to Network Rail office signed in also had to watch a visitors video the same one i saw at Liverpool Lime Street.

Today was problem free.:D

Established Member
The video is basically common-sense, until they tell you about the different alarms. The alarms didn't confuse me, but I guess they may confuse Joe Public if they ever hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.