• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

British Airways

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Intriguing. Add this into the mix with Edinburgh possibly getting US preclearance and with JetBlue's new EDI-JFK service..could eventually be a game-changer for those of us North of the Wall.
They won’t codeshare across the Atlantic. JetBlue aren’t part of the Joint Venture.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nlogax

Established Member
They won’t codeshare across the Atlantic. JetBlue aren’t part of the Joint Venture.
Indeed, though it was more about consideration of joining TrueBlue. Use soft landing back down the EC tiers from Gold over the next couple of years and also take the opportunity to avoid AA for US domestic legs. JetBlue might make for a nice change in the long run.

WestCoast

Established Member
A slight side note but relevant to the above and to BA - it does seem slightly strange there will now be 3 New York routes from EDI but the GLA has yet to resume. Since the pricing and timings of the BA hub connections to New York via London from GLA are increasing uncompetitive - albeit that GLA is quieter than EDI, it does seem a GLA-NYC route is a wide open goal waiting for someone to score.

Aer Lingus via Dublin is a better option if you ask me, using the transit time in Dublin to go through the US pre clearance there and arriving as a domestic passenger into NYC.

There‘s also Icelandair via Reykjavik.

Iskra

Established Member
Aer Lingus via Dublin is a better option if you ask me, using the transit time in Dublin to go through the US pre clearance there and arriving as a domestic passenger into NYC.

There‘s also Icelandair via Reykjavik.
Or train to Manchester and Aer Lingus direct to JFK from there. Landing at JFK on a small aircraft is advantageous in terms of immigration times, I found. My flight with Aer Lingus was only £350. Virgin wanted £1400 and the flight times are basically the same.