• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Britrail pass on Caledonian Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbqbill

I will be riding the Caledonian Sleeper from London to Inverness on New Years Eve. What will the process be for me to apply my first class Britrail pass to the fare? Would I simply pay for the sleeping accommodation as soon as reservations are available? Can I count on the train operating on New Years Eve? Thanks from Boston.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I will be riding the Caledonian Sleeper from London to Inverness on New Years Eve. What will the process be for me to apply my first class Britrail pass to the fare? Would I simply pay for the sleeping accommodation as soon as reservations are available? Can I count on the train operating on New Years Eve? Thanks from Boston.

Last departure is the 30th, no service on the 31st. To the best of my understanding you just buy the cabbin but with the pass cannot do so online so will need to call Scotrail or book when you reach the UK. Note, this train will be busy. All the best.↲

CallySleeper

Established Member
Supplement should be £47.30, call +44 8457 55 00 33/+44 1752 675670 when reservations open (I expect in around six weeks time). No services operate overnight on New Years Eve or Day.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Yes, you just need to pay the berth supplement.

If you have a flexi-pass, you date your pass for the date of arrival only, not the date of departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.