• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buchanan Bus Station, Glasgow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzby

The credibility of the Stance dot-matrix screens to a large extent hit me today as I awaited a 77 (First Bus) from platform 45 this morning. Normally a 15 minute service to Glasgow Airport (non express via Partick). I had just missed one and the real-time display showed 11 minutes to the next departure. Around ten minutes later when the display changed to ‘Due’, a guy in a yellow bib came up and said NO 77’s were leaving ‘due to the cycle race’, pointing to an A4 typed sheet placed on the stance printed timetables. I could walk the half-mile to Argyle Street where the service has been moved to until the UCI event finishes.

My gripe is that why had nobody bothered to update the electronic versions - which carried on pre disruption schedules. I have to admit looking for a typed notice is no longer something I bother with based they’re not dynamic and invariably out of date. Who has the responsibility for data input here - the bus station knew the services weren’t running, so did First Glasgow - who‘s not doing their job?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

keppoch69

On Moderation
The changes have been on the Traveline Scotland App for weeks.
Or is that not classed as 'dynamic'?

markymark2000

On Moderation
The credibility of the Stance dot-matrix screens to a large extent hit me today as I awaited a 77 (First Bus) from platform 45 this morning. Normally a 15 minute service to Glasgow Airport (non express via Partick). I had just missed one and the real-time display showed 11 minutes to the next departure. Around ten minutes later when the display changed to ‘Due’, a guy in a yellow bib came up and said NO 77’s were leaving ‘due to the cycle race’, pointing to an A4 typed sheet placed on the stance printed timetables. I could walk the half-mile to Argyle Street where the service has been moved to until the UCI event finishes.

My gripe is that why had nobody bothered to update the electronic versions - which carried on pre disruption schedules. I have to admit looking for a typed notice is no longer something I bother with based they’re not dynamic and invariably out of date. Who has the responsibility for data input here - the bus station knew the services weren’t running, so did First Glasgow - who‘s not doing their job?
Because SPT are incompetent and have zero care in the world for buses. You're lucky there was the A4 sheet on the stand.

As the bus station is managed by SPT and SPT knew it wasn't running as they would have been involved in the transport planning for the event. Their staff are just clueless though.

Buzby

The changes have been on the Traveline Scotland App for weeks.
Or is that not classed as 'dynamic'?
This will be the app that warns of Corona Virus dated 2022 as its top Info stream and then goes back to 2020? Sure, if you request a route it gives a UCI flag warning but it must be the most lacklustre transport app out there.

route101

Established Member
I don't think the first bus app has been updated to reflect this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.