• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Budapest

Status
Not open for further replies.

168lover

In Budapest until Sunday afternoon, any transport related activities worth doing? I'm gonna be in possession of a City card. Already planning a trip on the children's railway time allowing.

Cheers in advance for people's suggestions.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Can have a trip behind some 431/432/433 locos to Kőbanya-Kispest and return via Metro. Also a big Tesco in the adjacent shopping centre.

Tram Line 2 is a pleasant trip.

Budapest Cogwheel Railway connects with the Southern end of the Children's Railway. Fun albeit bumpy.

CC 72100

Established Member
Can have a trip behind some 431/432/433 locos to Kőbanya-Kispest and return via Metro. Also a big Tesco in the adjacent shopping centre.

Tram Line 2 is a pleasant trip.

Budapest Cogwheel Railway connects with the Southern end of the Children's Railway. Fun albeit bumpy.

This - I found the local services to Monor (2x per hour) were hauled with 432s, on load 7 push pull (loco at country end).

Download the MAV Start app, and you can see the loco assigned to the train when it is leading (or the number of the "DVT" when Budapest-bound).

cactustwirly

Established Member
In Budapest until Sunday afternoon, any transport related activities worth doing? I'm gonna be in possession of a City card. Already planning a trip on the children's railway time allowing.

Cheers in advance for people's suggestions.

Enjoy! One of my favourite cities, as well as Prague, Copenhagen and Munich!

Status
Not open for further replies.