• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Burma - Siam Railway any memories from relatives of P.O.W's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon E

Okay folks very delicate subject I'm asking about but here goes.

Some of you may know that I'm a features writer (part-time) and I've just completed an article on the APT using anecdotes from this forum.

I have permission of the moderators to post again asking for any family memories of POW's on the Burma Siam Railway. I live near the National Arboretum in Staffordshire and have permission to visit their archives for information on the railway and will be including pictures of the section of track they have there. What they can't let me use understandably is any first hand accounts.

So does anyone have memories from fathers or Grandfathers, Uncles etc that they would consider sharing with me for publication. Not sure which magazine yet but I do have a few regulars I write for that would all be interested.

I cannot offer payment but would supply prints of any photos I take of the memorial at The National Arboretum at Alrewas for any contributors I use. I have put shout out elsewhere but no replies yet.

Its still in early planning stages but restrictions to visiting the arboretum allowing I would be looking to have it published around V.J day Obviously it will be treated in a sympathetic manner.

So can anybody help?

Status
Not open for further replies.