• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bursitis

mac

I've got bursitis in my hip and have had 3 steroid injections which haven't really worked I've also had physio and that also didn't work. Has anyone else got the same and how was it treated?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ashley Hill

Established Member
I've got bursitis in my hip and have had 3 steroid injections which haven't really worked I've also had physio and that also didn't work. Has anyone else got the same and how was it treated?
Mrs H has it in both hips for which she also has regular injections. Its only a temporary fix and wears off after a few months. Her doctor seems reluctant to offer anything else.

mac

To have it in both hips must be terrible especially at night. What do you think her doctor should do mine has said it can be drained or removed but the success rate isn't good so the NHS won't do it

Ashley Hill

Established Member
To have it in both hips must be terrible especially at night. What do you think her doctor should do mine has said it can be drained or removed but the success rate isn't good so the NHS won't do it
The doctor hasn’t really offered a solution and she’s apparently too young for hip replacement (under 60). It hard at night to get comfortable which results in her having broken sleep.