• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bury St Edmunds - Lightning Strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

suffolk_lp3

Around 9:30am this morning we had a fairly sizeable storm that seemed to continue rumbling for at least an hour and a half.

Within a couple of hours I started to notice problems coming up between Ipswich-Cambridge, with signalling problems being reported. Rumours flying around on social media that Bury Yard box was more or less knocked out entirely, and has only just got fixed within the last hour.

I notice that most services were suspended Bury-Cambridge, but not Bury-Ely (instead of Peterborough) with delays of around 45 minutes floating around the place.

Anyone got any more information on a) what happened and b) the scale of the repair work that has to take place after a box (if that's whats happened) has been taken out by lightning.

I doubt it would be possible for even degraded working to be put into place if presumably you have no/little comms between the boxes either?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.