• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bus bucket list 2024 (Including trams and trolleybuses)

Ken H

On Moderation
No holds barred. UK or foreign. Modern or preserved.
What do you want to tick off next year?

Me:-
Sandtoft Trolleybus Museum
Dewsbury Bus Museum and ride a Guy Wulfrunian
Oldham - Huddersfield - Halifax - Rochdale - Oldham
555 Lancaster - Keswick all the way in one go
Malton - Whitby
Sheffield Supertram

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

route101

Established Member
I have still loads of bus routes I would like to do. Inverness - Thurso, TransCymru network still all to do.

peterblue

No holds barred. UK or foreign. Modern or preserved.
What do you want to tick off next year?

Me:-
Sandtoft Trolleybus Museum
Dewsbury Bus Museum and ride a Guy Wulfrunian
Oldham - Huddersfield - Halifax - Rochdale - Oldham
555 Lancaster - Keswick all the way in one go
Malton - Whitby
Sheffield Supertram

Not just a bus (also including a ferry and a flight).

I'd like to fly Glasgow-Barra, and then travel from Barra (Castlebay) to Stornoway by a combination of bus and ferry across the highlands. From Stornoway, I would plan to take a ferry to Ullapool connecting to a Citylink coach to Inverness.

Outside of the UK I prefer to travel longer distances rather than travel by bus across a short (comparatively speaking) route.

Cymroglan

I’m keen to travel on electric buses, but there are none I’m aware of close to where I live (on fringe of the New Forest). So far have only sampled the Cambridge Park & Ride which little grandson and I loved. Targeting possible solo jaunt to Oxford or London to sample their electrics.
We are regular visitors to the Cambridge area as we have family there, so will return to their P&R, but I also fancy riding their guided busway down to St Ives. Looks really interesting.
Grandson and I are also hoping that a model of an electric bus will be released in due course!

ChrisC

Established Member
A week based in Aberdeen doing some of the routes in the NE of Scotland. The two routes that will be a priority are:
35 Aberdeen to Elgin via the Coast - stopping off at a few places on the way, then returning on the more direct M96.
201 Aberdeen to Braemar - again stopping off at a few places but more planning will be needed as this route is only 2 hourly.

I had a week of trips planned here at the end of May this year and even had my hotel booked. I had to cancel due to train strikes during the week that I had booked. Fortunately the hotel had been booked at a cancellable rate.

Mills444

I’m keen to travel on electric buses, but there are none I’m aware of close to where I live (on fringe of the New Forest). So far have only sampled the Cambridge Park & Ride which little grandson and I loved. Targeting possible solo jaunt to Oxford or London to sample their electrics.
We are regular visitors to the Cambridge area as we have family there, so will return to their P&R, but I also fancy riding their guided busway down to St Ives. Looks really interesting.
Grandson and I are also hoping that a model of an electric bus will be released in due course!

Salisbury have three electric buses for the Park and ride routes PR9 and PR15.

Cymroglan

Salisbury have three electric buses for the Park and ride routes PR9 and PR15.
Wow, thanks so much for this information. Makes a visit to Salisbury even more enticing! I really appreciate the heads up. I’m still at entry level when it comes to bus knowledge!

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I don't usually have defined things to do, and I never look to target specific vehicle types (let alone actual vehicles). It's more about travelling to places, enjoying the scenery/townscapes etc, and running the rule over the local operators.

In that respect, I do fancy a trip to Essex this summer (as I seem to end up there in winter). Other spots that I've not done recently are the South Midlands/Home Counties, and some Welsh trips are probably required too having missed out in 2023.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Sample a lot of the Yorkshire bus services, especially the Coastliner routes and some of the less frequent rural ones.