• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buses and the coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

radamfi

Established Member
Please could you provide some clarification as to exactly which other countries allow all the seats to be used on public transport? Surely the UK can't be the only country not to allow this? Your post sounds rather ambiguous without specifying any examples of which countries.

Just checked the websites of RATP (Paris), STIB (Brussels), De Lijn (Flemish region of Belgium) and RET (Rotterdam) and none of them say anything about restricted seating, other than on demand "Belbus" services in Flanders, which have a maximum capacity of 12 for a Mercedes Sprinter minibus, or 4 for a taxi. RET even states "Alle zitplaatsen in bus, tram en metro zijn beschikbaar" (all seats are available).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

175mph

On Moderation
Just checked the websites of RATP (Paris), STIB (Brussels), De Lijn (Flemish region of Belgium) and RET (Rotterdam) and none of them say anything about restricted seating, other than on demand "Belbus" services in Flanders, which have a maximum capacity of 12 for a Mercedes Sprinter minibus, or 4 for a taxi. RET even states "Alle zitplaatsen in bus, tram en metro zijn beschikbaar" (all seats are available).
Thank you for the information, and for clearing up any ambiguity. :smile:

Richard Scott

Established Member
When I was in Germany there were no restrictions on buses.

jumble

What is the situation with bringing dogs on board buses with Coronavirus? The T&Cs of my local operator havent changed, so I presume dogs continue to be allowed as always (at the drivers discretion). I haven't seen any myself on the bus or train since lockdown, and I worry some drivers and passengers may be a bit funny about it (as some consider dogs dirty). I often used to take my dog on the bus and walk back, and i'm planning a trip soon on a day off. I'm probably over-thinking it...
I am a bit late to the party but here in TFL Land no bus driver has ever commented on my Spaniel
I suspect the fact that they are tendered makes refusing dogs and getting complaints to TFL too much of arisk

Last edited:

alex397

Established Member
I am a bit late to the party but here in TFL Land no bus driver has ever commented on my Spaniel
I suspect the fact that they are tendered makes refusing dogs and getting complaints to TFL too much of arisk

Yes, since my original post, I have travelled on bus and train with the dog, and seen plenty of others also do so.
Yes, TfL drivers are usually not an issue at all, as they don’t like to get involved unless they really need to - and I don’t blame them!

Status
Not open for further replies.