• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buxton line question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeGJ1984

I notice that trains from Manchester Piccadully are timed to arrive at Buxton (at least on the public timetable) at xx02 and then trains leave Buxton for Manchester Piccadilly at xx02! Is this a bit of timetable padding? Is it the same train (i.e. the same unit) that arrives at xx02 as the one that departs at xx02?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sleeper fan

On Moderation
I notice that trains from Manchester Piccadilly are timed to arrive at Buxton (at least on the public timetable) at xx02 and then trains leave Buxton for Manchester Piccadilly at xx02! Is this a bit of timetable padding? Is it the same train (i.e. the same unit) that arrives at xx02 as the one that departs at xx02?

Hi. No they are different units. One arrives on Platform 2 at xx:02 while another departs at xx:02 from Platform 1. Hope that helps.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/BUX/2019/06/24/1400?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
On the Wrexham Central to Bidston route the returns at each end are due to leave before the same train arrives but if you look at the schedules the difference between WTT and Public Times allow for the minimum three minutes turn round

Status
Not open for further replies.