• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying a Eurostar return ticket as a gift

Ian99

I'd like to buy a ticket for a young person so that they can take the Eurostar for a return journey to Paris or Amsterdam. I don't however know when they'll want to go.

Obviously I don't want to just buy them an expensive fully changeable ticket so does anyone have any thoughts on how to approach this? Does the new Eurostar returns policy help in this respect maybe?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HBP

I'd like to buy a ticket for a young person so that they can take the Eurostar for a return journey to Paris or Amsterdam. I don't however know when they'll want to go.

Obviously I don't want to just buy them an expensive fully changeable ticket so does anyone have any thoughts on how to approach this? Does the new Eurostar returns policy help in this respect maybe?

A Eurostar Gift voucher might be the answer so they can decide when etc.

James H

NB you may be able to buy a Eurostar gift voucher at less than face value through an employer's rewards scheme (I can get 4% off, for example)