• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying a n Network Daytripper out of region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffing Devil

Established Member
I'd like to travel into the West Midlands next Saturday and split my ticket at Wolverhampton. Ideally, I don't want to get off my train and buy my Daytripper ticket as that would delay me by 20 minutes into Coventry.

I know these can be bought at PayZones, but seem to be geographically restricted. Can they be bought out of region in advance at a station ticket office?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

boxy321

Not kidding; I would make it 40 minutes and visit the Great Western for a pint... Just make sure Wolves don't have a home game on the day.

Puffing Devil

Established Member
Maybe an idea on the way back - I'm heading to meet my brother at another pub before going to see Coventry.

pnjman

Yes, you can. I've bought weekly tickets out of region fairly often, even though the Network West Midlands website says they can only be bought from staffed stations within region.

island

Veteran Member
I think these have to be printed on special stock which out of region booking offices might not have.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I've never been able to buy one at Leamington before, which is just outside the boundary. Whether that's because the staff can't issue them or don't know how to I don't know.

I think these have to be printed on special stock which out of region booking offices might not have.
I've had day-trippers printed on regular stock several times (from the New Street TVMs) and haven't had problems so I'm not sure if this is correct, although you're right that it's always printed on the blue stock when I get them from the ticket office.

bussnapperwm

Established Member
I've had one brought on LM from a Senior Conductor on the Snow Hill lines before and it was printed on normal stock.

Looking online on BR fares, you want the following:
Rover G107 DAYTRIPPER

Established Member
VT sell them from the TVMs at Wolverhampton and New Street on regular orange stock. I know that's not out of area, but merely putting it out there there that they can be sold on orange stock.

Stafford used to (2013/14 though!) Have the correct stock for the Daytrippers as I bought one there for a forum meet. Not attempted to buy one at Stafford since so can't say if they still do have the stock.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
VT sell them from the TVMs at Wolverhampton and New Street on regular orange stock. I know that's not out of area, but merely putting it out there there that they can be sold on orange stock.

Stafford used to (2013/14 though!) Have the correct stock for the Daytrippers as I bought one there for a forum meet. Not attempted to buy one at Stafford since so can't say if they still do have the stock.

I know that Stafford have a variety of Network WM themed ticket stock.

Puffing Devil

Established Member
Thanks for the responses - I'll try my local ticket office and see if they can help. If not, I'll see if a local Payzone terminal can be coaxed into selling a ticket. Failing that, it's a quick stop at Wolverhampton.

Established Member
Thanks for the responses - I'll try my local ticket office and see if they can help. If not, I'll see if a local Payzone terminal can be coaxed into selling a ticket. Failing that, it's a quick stop at Wolverhampton.
I think Payzone may in some cases be geographic. I tried to get a Merseytravel Saveaway in Littleborough without sucess, and that certainly wasn't through lack of trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.