• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying a new camara

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM9

Veteran Member
Depending on how soon you want/need a camera, the Photography Show is on at the NEC between 19th & 22nd March. There you will have access to cameras on their manufacturers' stands, to try them out for feel etc., and to ask questions of those who know about them, rather than the pushy, spotty youths at Currys.
If you did decide to buy from the retailers that are there, they are respectable suppliers and in-show discounts tend to be around 20% at least so effectively, they are VAT free.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Roy5tone

Thanks for all the advice I am going out today to try a few cameras and see what I like so I ll let you no what I get and post a few pictures

leomartin125

As I prefer Canon, I have recently purchased a Canon 750D DSLR which has IS to help with the speedies, although I'm yet to try it out (busy with work) I will let you guys know if it's any good.

ComUtoR

Established Member
I have a cannon bridge and it worked excellently with "speedies" (I assumes things going fast ?)

We went to the local motor racing arena and I got some great shots.

krus_aragon

Established Member
I personally prefer Nikon. I have a Nikon D3200 and a 55-300mm lens. It does the job perfectly!

I hope to buy a telephoto lens for my D5100 some time over the next year, and am considering the 55-200mm as well as the 55-300mm. I'm currently minded to go for the 200mm over the 300mm, mainly for the issue of size. How do you find the 55-300mm to handle, as compared to the kit 18-55mm lens (which is much the same size as the 55-200mm)? Did you have any other considerations in opting for that lens over any others?

Roy5tone

So went out and tried a few Cameras and decided to get a bridge. I got Sony DSCH400 20.1 Megapixel Digital Camera got it at a good price and got bag thrown in been out with it this morning and took a few shots and im quite impressed it has a very good zoom which I wanted only draw back ive found is fph which is quite low but I can always use the video or take the Wifes

Status
Not open for further replies.