• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

buying a railcard with photocopied ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelhill94

Due to a change of plan I need to buy a 16-25 railcard on Tuesday. Unfortunately I do not have any ID with me. I could however get an emailed of my passport, driving licence and my old (expired) 16-25 railcard and print it off. Will this have any chance of working? Will it just depend on the staff? I also do have a university card with me. I'm also quite a way from the station....
Thanks for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TUC

Established Member
There is also a problem with buying railcards on-line for those in Northern Ireland (who by definition will need to buy railcards on-line if they want to use them as soon as they arrive in GB since they cannot buy them at NI stations). Although it states that you can use UK driving licences as ID, if you try this the website refuses to recognise the different numbering format of NI licences-even though they are UK licences-and insists it is incorrect. I did email to point this out and didn't even get the courtesy of a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.