• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying a Senior Railcard from Trainpal

Status
Not open for further replies.

negone

I want to buy a digital Senior Railcard, at £30 a year, but it's cheaper via various rail apps.
If I buy from Trainpal or other apps it's £27 or £63 . But buying from Trainpal does this stop me using it to book tickets on other rail apps like LNER or Northern.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AM9

Veteran Member
I want to buy a digital Senior Railcard, at £30 a year, but it's cheaper via various rail apps.
If I buy from Trainpal or other apps it's £27 or £63 . But buying from Trainpal does this stop me using it to book tickets on other rail apps like LNER or Northern.
If the Senior Railcard is being offered as a 'National Railcard', then it will have the same validity as any other including a Plastic/Paper type. Also, AFAIK, buying a ticket at the railcard discounted price online doesn't need the Railcard to be shown, nor does it on a TVM. It's only booking offices that need to visually confirm the validity of the card.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
What AM9 says, but did you know if you are a member of the ‘Tesco Clubcard’ scheme, a 12 month railcard can be had essentially for free? This also applies to a 16-24 railcard.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I wouldn't have thought so. Though I wouldn't put it beyond Trainpal to nevertheless try and put something like that in their terms - they are a highly disreputable firm!

Envoy

Established Member
If you shop at Tesco, you can get it via their Clubcard website for £10 worth of Clubcard vouchers. They then e-mail with a code that you can use on the official Railcard website with the cost being £0 in real money.

If you shop at Tesco, you can get it via their Clubcard website for £10 worth of Clubcard vouchers. They then e-mail with a code that you can use on the official Railcard website with the cost being £0 in real money.
And you can use two payment methods, if you don't have enough points on your Clubcard to make the full payment

JBuchananGB

Did this recently very successfully. Actually paid for 2 senior Railcards this way one for myself and one for someone else, both on same account at Railcard website.

Status
Not open for further replies.