• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying one leg for a journey for 1 child but the other leg for 1 adult 1 child online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Hello again,

I'm in a bit of a pickle here. This thread may sound a little confusing but if not obvious to some people, but hey there's no such thing as a stupid question. Basically I need to head to London on Friday the 15th November and come back again on Sunday the 17th. The adult already has a ticket for travel on the Friday but not coming back, it's just me on the child ticket that needs one going out and return. There is an SVH available however upon looking through this forum it needs to be brought with another ticket or something on the Virgin Trains website.

How could I commandeer the website to let me choose the out leg for 1 child and the return leg for 1 adult 1 child so it will let me buy the SVH for the out leg for myself? Is there another site other than Virgin which will let me do what I want to do? Would telesales be any good?

Cheers
Alex

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Any reason why you cannot book the tickets just for yourself, then immediately after the single for the 1 adult? Tried to get some websites to play ball but none will show the Saver Half even if you already have a single journey the other way in the basket!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
How could I commandeer the website to let me choose the out leg for 1 child and the return leg for 1 adult 1 child so it will let me buy the SVH for the out leg for myself? Is there another site other than Virgin which will let me do what I want to do? Would telesales be any good?
You can do this in one transaction, but you need to make two searches. One for a 'return' trip (but, of course, selecting 2 singles as appropriate) for 1 child and the other as a single trip for 1 adult.

causton

Established Member
I would presume the only issue with this course of action would be reservations. If it is, phone Scotrail Telesales (the only telesales to consider IMO) up and tell them you have a ticket already - they will book reservations for your journey with no issues in my experience :)

dzug2

Do you also need to get the adult a saver half for his homeward journey?. Or is he prepared to pay the going advance or walkon rate?

If so I don't believe it's 'allowed'. Whether you can cajole a web site into selling it - pass

Otherwise just book separately as suggested already It might be possible by booking him each way and then deleting the outward leg before paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.