• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying Travelcards on Trainpal

Status
Not open for further replies.

James H

am I right in thinking it’s not possible to buy a one day travelcard on TrainPal?

Got some promo codes I’d like to use.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

freddie1729

A destination of London Zone U123456 will do the trick. Select a return ticket for the same day. I don't think it matters what the departure station is, as long as it's in London Zones 1-6.

hkstudent

Established Member
A destination of London Zone U123456 will do the trick. Select a return ticket for the same day. I don't think it matters what the departure station is, as long as it's in London Zones 1-6.
That's wrong. U123456 doesn't cover NR zone 123456 destinations.

James H

Thanks. I had not selected the London U* destinations as I thought they were for point-to-point journeys, but I can now see how to select a Travelcard in Trainpal which is very useful

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It is valid as it gives you a Day Travelcard.

View attachment 67085
It may say it is giving you a day travelcard, but I'm not conviced it is. There are two zonal destination descriptions and they allow very different things:

U1256 is a single or return journey from the last National Rail station to any Underground or DLR station in the zones covered. It is not valid for multiple journeys, nor on any National Rail services once the Underground/DLR portion has commenced.
Z1256 is a day travelcard valid on all services in the zones as many times as you like.

Note, there are never more than 4 numbers present, the middle one(s) are left off if 5 or 6 zones are required.

freddie1729

You could also book a ticket within London where a cheap day return doesn't exist. E.g. Strawberry Hill to Chadwell Heath. Then it will also suggest a Day Travelcard. This is similar to what other booking engines will suggest in these instances.

E9BCD868-FA43-4CD4-8C89-CF27A06574C9.png

Status
Not open for further replies.