• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE Changes name....

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_pilborough

BVE no longer stands for 'Boso View Express' - it now stands for 'BVE Trainsim'. This seems to be because mackoy realised no one knew what 'Boso View Express' actually meant... :D

Reproduced below is a transalation of the announcement
Software name was modified

changename.png

Being something which is accustomed as a joke of term of endearment "room entire view express" of 255streetcars it does, "reckless driving view express", but software name was modified with the reason below.
  • It is audible even in sarcasm of the vehicle and the railroad company
    As for me thinking, that simply funny name is good, you named, but depending upon the person perhaps it has bad impression.
    By the way 255 systems are one of the vehicles which I like.
  • Term of endearment "room entire view express" of 255 types is not known widely
    Because "room entire view express" is not train term of endearment, as for usually making the ear you think that it is not.
    Perhaps because origin of software name is not recognized, it is thought as the non- serious game which drives recklessly.
    "Blast running" also the fact that it is misread well, probably is because of this.
  • It is necessary for the people of the foreign country to inscribe in English.When you inscribe in English,"the roomentire " with distinction is not attached.
    In addition, perhaps "Boso", it is not just pronounced in the foreign country.
"BVE Trainsim" is name of the simulator software.
(The "BVE data" and "the room line inside BVE" etc. until now are sort. )
The web page which is inscribed in the old name the one which is having requests renewal.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gareth Hale

I always wondered what Boso View Express stood for. Its nice to have a new name every so often :)

AlexS

Established Member
You obviously have never watched Salad Fingers, you don't think the name was pulled out of thin air do ya? Was considering Toilet Cubicle but thought Milford Cubicle would be nicer!

(PS, if you were wondering, this is a little joke from me in response to you saying

"It's nice to have a nice name every so often"

Nick

Perhaps he didn't have any Spoooooooooooons for poor Salad Fingers :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
AlexS said:
You obviously have never watched Salad Fingers, you don't think the name was pulled out of thin air do ya? Was considering Toilet Cubicle but thought Milford Cubicle would be nicer!

(PS, if you were wondering, this is a little joke from me in response to you saying

"It's nice to have a nice name every so often"

I certainly have never heard of it before today!

I personally thought it was a satirical comment on Milford Haven there, but that shows what I know!

Status
Not open for further replies.