• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

class 313

Established Member
Ive been trying to get BVE to work on my laptop, got it to the first menu (Which is the resolution menu). But now it just throws up this error.
desktop.JPG

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LabRatAndy

looks like it could be a .net problem so I would try to reinstall/repair .net framework then try to repair/reinstall BVE. I don't know this will work but has to be worth a try.

reschanger

Actually, these type of dialog boxes shouldn't appear with .NET applications. It should be a dialog box with a detailed error description and a white cross on red circle. I guess something special must have happended here, so that this dialog appeared. As you say that the dialog appeared after you already could choose the resolution, I agree that it should be somehow related to the graphics. As BVE initializes DirectX probably after this dialog, I would give (re)installing DirectX a shot. BVE seems to use DirectX 7.

And if that doesn't help, click CANCEL in the dialog and post the debug information given there (if any).

class 313

Established Member
Back on PC and I decided to put BVE back on. Though I get the same box as above I can actually run it on full screen. So why can't I run it on Windowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.