• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bve "Needs to close"

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane252

P4 2.66 ghz cpu
256Mb Nvidia N7600gs Graphics card
Windows Xp Home sp2 Net framework 2.0
Directx 9c

I had BVE about 6 years ago on my old computer so am familiar with the install etc, I have recently re-discovered it, what a great program! (when it runs)

Okay I downloaded Version 2 first and got some direct draw errors so gave up.

I removed the Version 2 and tried Version 4.
Now im getting Bve encountered a problem and needs to close error?

I have all of the lates drivers/Net framework etc, Ive even rolled back the drivers and completely removed and re-installed drivers but to no avail.
I have chosen different compatability settings too?
To me, as soon as I even try to run the program, after the display box, I get the needs to close error.

installed all Net frameworks available, I've also uninstalled the newest driver and installed the recomended old driver , still no Joy?
anybody's help would be appreciated

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LondonBVE

Can you please tell us more about the error like the full error message or you can just put a screenshot. Alt + Print screen than open Paint or any image viewing program (Ie. Irfanview) and click Edit and Paste. Than save it and upload to any image hoster and post it here. :)

shane252

155647957_o.jpg
Sorry, I'm jumping the gun as.

Okay I download and install Bve4 main program as per instructions, then unzip and install Uchibo10.
I click the Bve4 icon and a graphical interface option box pops up just before startup, I have selected the default full screen option, I then press okay and a microsoft error box pops up telling me that an error has occured and Bve needs to close.
When I try to right click the Bve 4 tab I don't have the compatability option either?

odd and annoying

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
6 year old PC? when was it last re-formatted?

It's probably a problem with .net framework.

I've known people throw away 3 year old PCs (not literally - recycle of course) and other people buy them for £10. There's no reason to use a PC that's that is old any more, unless it was VERY high spec at the time and has been heavily upgraded.

I've just got rid of my PC that was 6 years old this Summer but it was very high end at the time and 1 everything apart from the motherboard and case has been replaced. But the motherboard was slowing everything down so I ditched it.

shane252

Sorry, the point I was making is that I knew how the Bve file structure/ install worked,.
I have a newer pc which i am constantly upgrading, it is this system that im having the probs with.

LondonBVE

Have you tried playing with Windowed mode? Oh and BVE 2/4 works with nVidia Geforce 7 series, the problem only comes in with GeForce 8, GeForce 9 and GeForce GTX.

jv3531

May sound silly but try full screen with 1024 x 768. May be problem with graphics from objects. Not 100% sure but I can remember something along this line on mine, think it may have been the screen res that may have affected it, know its worked on some! Worth a try if nothing else....

shane252

Yep thanks, had a play around with all compatability/resoloutions in the beggining tried again with those suggested but still not working.
I have looked at the registry and neither the Bve or Mackoy programs are there?
All other apps / Games are there but can't see these.mmmm
Could this be the problem?

jv3531

May well be, may be worth just running the BVE install program again? Make a backup of your routes/objects sounds and trains folders and any others that you have made changes to just incase, run the installer and see what happens... If BVE setup asks to overwrite, reply yes to all as it won't re-install whats missing otherwise.

shane252

Okay, thanks for all of the help so far.
I have un-Installed and re-installed/repaired Bve 4, It is still not in my registry?
Don't understand why, Do you know of any manual install option because this seems to be the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.