• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ByTrain Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjwri

Established Member
Unfortunately it has been announced ByTrain will be discontinued later this year.
Thank you for your continued support of ByTrain over the past six years! Unfortunately, it is with great sadness to announce that ByTrain will be discontinued later next year. (1/3)

If you have purchased a ByTrain Pro subscription, rest assured that ByTrain services will remain available until the end of your subscription. ByTrain is no longer accepting new subscribers to ByTrain Pro. (2/3)

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected]. (3/3)
Does anyone know of a worthy replacement app I can use? The main things for me are being able to see how my train has been running before my stop, but also at least being to see disruption across operators, if not notifications, which I haven’t found on another app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

johnnychips

Established Member
Damn, I really like this. The one I used before went too. Of course I have RTT, but it is not as good for ‘at a glance’ stuff.

OliverH68

This looks like it would've been good for Android. It's lacking in decent enough apps besides NRE but I came across TRACK recently which seems alright.

Metroman62

That's annoying. At least they have warned us rather than just stopping as some apps have.

Any alternative suggestions would be welcome.

setdown

Railboard is good on iOS, even allows you to wind-back the live departures to view something that you may have missed.

subk2010

Do wanna find an App with headcode and non-passenger train shown. So sad it announced the termination of service after a few days I download it.

jazzy

I'll be watching this thread, ByTrain was the best rail app I could find some years ago and it's only got better since then. I paid for the premium version and I'm disappointed to be in the position of having to find a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.