• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

C2C - Trainee Train & Shunt Drivers - East Ham (14/03/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestarter

C2C are currently advertising for Part time and Full time Trainee Train Drivers and Trainee Shunt Drivers on there website.

Tried posting a link but can’t get it to work.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jay85

C2C are currently advertising for Part time and Full time Trainee Train Drivers and Trainee Shunt Drivers on there website.

Tried posting a link but can’t get it to work.
Thank you so much for alerting us on this thread! Will get onto the application.

Currently work as a bus operator, anyone else here applied for a train role previously with no train experience?

Go to the c2c website, at the bottom click on careers and then click 'current vacancies' and then click 'search' and it should work
It was the button that didn't work, found out if you press enter after typing "driver" it gets past it

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
That's an awful new website!

I'd recommend anyone go here, scroll to Current Vacancies, click 'here' and then Search and you'll find it

Jay85

I can’t seem to get passed the search option anymore, was working fine earlier!
Yep, was a bus driver for a year and a half before
Oh that’s great to know! Are you working as a train driver now?

That's an awful new website!

I'd recommend anyone go here, scroll to Current Vacancies, click 'here' and then Search and you'll find it
Thank you, I pressed your link and that worked! Not sure why going through the normal website didn’t work.

Last edited:

ninhog

Does no one proof-read the advert before it gets posted? The grammatical and spelling errors are appalling :rolleyes:

Currently work as a bus operator, anyone else here applied for a train role previously with no train experience?

Prior to landing the role of trainee train driver, I’d worked at a bank for 9 years and as a bus driver for 6 years before that.

There’s plenty of transferable skills from any public-sector job.

Last edited:

masif1

Wow, the worst website EVER!

I'm on the first page of the application form but I can't seem to be able to get any further.

Has anyone else had any issues?

1647449910693.png

Last edited:

traingeek97

Out of curiosity, would a driver at East Ham Depot normally start the day there and then PASS back to Barking and walk to the depot at the end of their shift or are drivers relieved at Barking? I'd assume it'd then be the opposite for late turn shifts.

Twotwo

Out of curiosity, would a driver at East Ham Depot normally start the day there and then PASS back to Barking and walk to the depot at the end of their shift or are drivers relieved at Barking? I'd assume it'd then be the opposite for late turn shifts.

It would be taxi from the station to the depot. In the morning most of the jobs depart the yard and there's a few fenchurch jobs. Same as the afternoon.

I think it's quite rare to be relieved at barking as there's other stations where they would have a break such as Southend Central, shoebury depot, East ham depot and fenchurch. Not too sure about Pitsea or Laindon as a PNB point for drivers as I was only a shunter so I was confined in East ham depot.

Jay85

Does no one proof-read the advert before it gets posted? The grammatical and spelling errors are appalling :rolleyes:

Prior to landing the role of trainee train driver, I’d worked at a bank for 9 years and as a bus driver for 6 years before that.

There’s plenty of transferable skills from any public-sector job.
I have started on the application and yes lots of mistakes! Mismatch sentences which don’t make sense

B Boy 82

Been invited for assessment day this month. Has anyone else received a invite? If so do you believe the practice material sent is sufficient?

Lewis5949

Been invited for assessment day this month. Has anyone else received a invite? If so do you believe the practice material sent is sufficient?
I'm still waiting. I emailed last week along for any updates, but as usual with any TOC, no reply.

B Boy 82

I’ve received an invite for this too
Best of Luck
I'm still waiting. I emailed last week along for any updates, but as usual with any TOC, no reply.
Apologies for the late reply. The Information I received is

stage 1 assessment days are 17-20th May

Stage 2 30-31st May

Stage 3 Jun - July TBC

Provisional start date of October 2022

Lewis5949

If you haven’t heard back by now, sorry to say you probably won’t…

Wow, recruitment has now stooped so low that we don't even get replies that we're unsuccessful? Sounds like an awful company. What is it with recruitment in this industry?

I emailed on the 29th of April asking if there were any updates or when I could expect to hear any. No reply. Madness. Demotivating.

Omar

I applied last year, passed all my trainee driver assessment with another TOC. Was told my application has been moved DMI stage but never heard back sent few emails but no replies.

Lewis5949

I finally got an email today that I have been shortlisted to attend a stage 1 assessment centre, but the email was forwarded (as shown by "Fwd:" in the subject). Still no reply to my other two emails though. Such poor communication that I'm considering not to move forward with this at all. Here's the email with identifying data removed for general information.

Dear Applicant,

You have been shortlisted to attend a Stage 1 assessment centre for our Trainee Shunt or Mainline Driver East Ham recruitment campaign 2022.

Details for the assessment are as follows: Spaces are limited, we have taken the decision to allocate your assessment date and time to ensure we have the numbers required.

Date: [Removed]

Time: [removed] (once doors have closed no admittance is allowed. On site duration approx 3.5hrs)

Church Road
Southend On Sea
SS1 2AL

Please ensure that you bring with you on the day, PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION preferably a valid passport, a new style driving licence is acceptable (but bring the paper counterpart also) that is proof of your eligibility to work within the UK, as well as confirmation of your National Insurance Number (NI card, wage slip, letter from HMRC)

YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SIT THE ASSESSMENTS IF YOU DO NOT BRING VALID ID.
Unfortunately, failure to be prompt may entail a non-assessment and therefore we will be unable to progress your application any further.

Attached is a downloadable copy of the RSSB train driver practice book which you need to study prior to the day. Where there are practice leaflets available please do use them and as advised study in advance of the assessment session.
All other instructions and materials required will be provided to you on the day.
c2c operate a 3 Stage recruitment process:

Stage 1 assessments: Date: 17 - 20 May - Park Inn Southend
You will need to pass all assessments to the current c2c standard in order to progress to the next stage:

· Group Bourdon (GB)
· Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (Tea-Occ)
· Trainability for Rules and Procedures Part 1 (TRP1)
· Trainability for Rules and Procedures Part 2 (TRP2)

Stage 2 assessments: Date; 30-31 May and ,6 - 10 June - The OPC, Watford
You will need to pass all assessments to the current c2c standard in order to progress to the next stage:

· WAFV vigilance test – test your reaction skills
· ATAVT perception test – test memory
· 2 hand coordination test – test your ability
· Situational Judgement Exercise – behaviour test
· Multi-Modal Interview – structured face to face interview.
Stage 3: interview Date TBC expected June - July Location TBC
A competency based interview with our Driver Management team that explores your suitability for the role of a either a Trainee Shunt or Mainline Driver The expected start date for this role is October 2022

Any offer of employment is subject to passing the relevant:
· A train driver medical including ECG and Drugs and Alcohol screening
· Disclosure Barring System check (CRB)
· Employment reference checks
· Right to work in the UK checks

We would be grateful if you would confirm your attendance by replying to this email. Please also advise if you have any special requirements to be put in place for the day.

You may use this email for outward and return travel on c2c services on the date of the assessment ONLY.

We do not provide any travel for underground or any other mainline portion of your journey.

Warm regards,

c2c Recruitment Team

c2c.gif

E: [email protected]
W: www.c2c-online.co.uk

B Boy 82

I finally got an email today that I have been shortlisted to attend a stage 1 assessment centre, but the email was forwarded (as shown by "Fwd:" in the subject). Still no reply to my other two emails though. Such poor communication that I'm considering not to move forward with this at all. Here's the email with identifying data removed for general information.
Well done pal. Best of luck

Lee1978

I have received an email last friday, early evening, regarding that my first assessment has been booked in for the 20th May, I have a non refundable 4 day break booked from the 19th.

I emailed straight away asking if my assessment date could be changed to the 17th or 18th, also stating, if not, that’s fine i will cancel my break if this is something they can’t accommodate, however I need to know either way, as my family are still going to go but I need to change the already arranged travel.

I understand if this can’t be changed but a response at least would be appreciated……is this normal that you don’t receive a response?

Status
Not open for further replies.