• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caldervale Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Caldervale Line, Runs between Manchester and Leeds.

But Last Thursday it was closed, between Hebden Bridge and Leeds because a branch was on the line, It is a Diesel Line, So why Close the line for 4 hours!.

I had to result in getting a bus, From Hebden Bridge up to Halifax.

Sorry to have a Rant.

But could they just not clear this problem?

Seeing there's no electric Current.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

adamp

Probably something more serious than just a branch on the line, maybe a large & heavy tree??...

Don't forget, the track has to then be properly inspected to make sure this 'branch' hadnt caused any damage to the track.

-Adam/GBRW

adamp

Ahhh yes you may be right - think i remember something about cable theft between Morley & Ravensthorpe? This would affect all Manchester - Leeds via Brighouse and also Huddersfield - Leeds services. If it was, your train would of probably got stuck in it.

-Adam/GBRW

That line is very scenic though, except the delays - The Pacers they run are very bad, But Northern Rail are a Ok railway.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
oh yeah sorry it was, day i caught train to move to leeds university and was shocked when TPE passed me on wakefield kirkgate to leeds section :)

Status
Not open for further replies.